With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, businesses have shifted their workforce to become fully remote. In a recent blog post, we covered tips on how to better prepare employers and employees for productive work from home experience. However, with many transitions underway, we want to highlight the following Google features to better assist your organization with this adjustment!
Google Hangouts Meet Premium Features
On March 3, 2020, Google announced extending Hangouts Meet premium features to all G Suite customers through September 30, 2020. These features include:
- Meetings for up to 250 participants per call
- Live streaming for up to 100K viewers within domain
- Record meetings to Google Drive
For more information on deploying Google Hangouts, we recommend using the following:
- G Suite Learning Center: Hangouts Meet training – for preparing, training, administering and troubleshooting Google Hangouts
- G Suite Learning Center: Hangouts Meet cheat sheet – a go-to guide on Hangouts meet for your end users
- Cloudbakers Cheat Sheet- Hangout Meet Live Stream – step by step instructions on how to leverage Live Stream
With Chrome Enterprise, IT admins have the ability to manage and secure employee data through the Chromebooks and the Chrome Browser. With these advanced controls and security, IT admins are able to check Google safe browser settings, troubleshoot within the admin console, and restrict user access to untrusted websites or applications.
For helpful tips on staying secure with Chrome Enterprise, we recommend the following:
- Google Chrome Enterprise Help-Introduction to Chrome Enterprise – an overview of Chrome Enterprise capabilities
- Google and Cloudbakers-Remote Worker – 10 best practices for deploying Chrome Enterprise with a remote workforce
As many businesses are unable to leverage their on-premise phone solutions, Google Voice provides a wonderful alternative for your organization. Google Voice can be deployed instantly, making this a viable solution for your transition, offering call forwarding, free calling from the US to any country, desk phone support and more.
For more information on Google Voice, we recommend the following:
- Google Voice - Choose the right plan for you – an overview of Google Voice solutions and features
As we move forward with this transition, know that Google Cloud and Cloudbakers are here to help and support your organization and further serve our community! For more information or questions regarding your current situation, please reach out to email@example.com. We’re all in this together and we’ll get through this together!Originally published on March 20, 2020