Google Cloud experts at Cloudbakers and Qwinix helped Varuna cut wasted cloud spend, reinforce cloud security practices, and build a foundation for advanced IoT and machine learning capabilities with an AWS to Google Cloud migration. This allowed them to focus on what they do best: helping their customers gain visibility across their distribution network.
Varuna was running on multiple servers and wanted to avoid over-provisioning. To do this, they needed to move to a serverless architecture, which would allow them to reduce wasted cloud spend and expand their product’s machine learning capabilities.
Critical assets included Varuna IoT’s front-end website, client portal application (Python app with Django), and AWS relational database.
- Database Migration: AWS RDS Postgres database instance to a Cloud SQL Postgres instance
- Application Migration: Python (with Django) app from AWS Elastic Beanstalk to Google App Engine
- Secure Google Cloud Landing Zone Setup: Assessed, designed, and implemented cloud security best practices
- Migrated infrastructure from AWS to Google Cloud
- Reduced monthly cloud spend
- Expanded machine learning capabilities
- Reinforced cloud security best practices